Thursday 23 August 2018

Matkamies Recording

Back at the beginning of 2015, Arkanix Labs released a music collection called 'Sid Doing Paula', that contained my covers of some of my favourite Amiga modules.

Part of that collection was a SID called Matkamies by Heatbeat/Carillon and having recently hooked up my 8580 SID equipped C64c to my Dolby amp, I've recorded the SID tune and uploaded it to my SoundCloud account.

As a bonus, I've also uploaded an Atari 8bit POKEY version of the same tune.  At time of writing, it has not yet been used in any productions.  It was written at the back end of 2017 after T.M.R requested some POKEY music for an Atari 8bit Cosine game, namely 'Blok Copy'.  I had to learn a new application for writing for POKEY, as well as the nuances of the chip itself and out of that learning came the requested music, as well as this 'conversion' of my original Matkamies SID.

The SID version was written in Goattracker and the POKEY written in RASTER Music Tracker.  The original Amiga version can be found on YouTube - just search for 'Amiga Matkamies'.

If the players don't appear below, hear the music on my SoundCloud page.  The C64 8580 SID track is here and the Atari POKEY cover is here.





No comments:

Post a Comment