Saturday 18 August 2018

Blok Copy in Progress

Blok Copy PC Title Screen
Announcing my first PC based game!

Continuing my PureBasic adventures and as a challenge to myself, I'm converting a Cosine game called 'Blok Copy', previously released on the C64, C64DTV, Atari 8bit and Commodore PET, to Windows PC.

Blok Copy PC Game Screen
The title screen is all working including the obligatory credits and scrolling message, along with options for sound settings, game modes and some instructions.  This is all accompanied by Odie's  full blown, all singing-and-dancing version of 'Sporting Chance', the music which has featured in the majority of Blok Copy versions across different formats.

The main game engine is functioning.  All the controls are in, along with the scoring, timer and level counter.  Even the pause mode works.

I'm currently working out the best way to animate the number tiles during the main game, which involves building sprites on the fly and then moving them on screen.

To be honest, this has been a stumbling block.  I've already coded one animation system that worked fine on my own system and on Moloch's laptop.  However, for some reason, it crawls on TMR's system.  I could just say, "tough!", but I want to find the issue and make sure it will work on a range of systems.

Bloody computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment