Friday 6 April 2018

Old School Demo 1

Here's a first!   I've coded my first ever PC based demo primarily to test the screen and sprite capabilities in PureBasic

The demo is titled 'Old School Demo 1' because it's, er, old-school in style and is the first in what may end up being a small string of demos that I may (or not) code as I learn more in PureBasic.



I've tried to 'emulate' some of my favourite features from the old Amiga demos so on screen you will see a scrolling parallax starfield, some 'copper bars' (faked of course), some animated rainbow coloured lines, the obligatory bouncing scrolling message and music which is actually a remix of the Uridium 2 loading music done by the original composer Jason Page.

The demo has been released by Cosine and is available to download from the Cosine website here...

You can also download the demo directly here...

As well as the demo itself, the download contains the PureBasic source code for you to squint at and rip apart.  Well, someone may find it useful?

No comments:

Post a Comment