Thursday 16 June 2016

MD201606 - JSL Poop

Hot on the heels of last months demo 'MD201605', comes another imaginatively named demo from Cosine!  'MD201606' features one of my experimental SID tunes to accompany a rather 'evocative' image that has caused some 'drama' (yawn) in the C64 scene.


The drama?  A C64 scener called JSL 'released' unto the world a hand drawn image taking aim at some people on CSDb.over some actions he had felt he had a grievance against, blah, blah, blah... to be honest, I can't even be bothered to relate what happened.  The original hand drawn image, along with some discussion surrounding what is going on can be read here...

In his infinite wisdom, T.M.R decided to get in on the 'action' and produce a small demo to fan the flames demonstrate some new code, as part of his monthly demo series.  He put out a call for some music that was needed in a hurry and I duly responded and offered up what was an experimental tune, that was quickly extended and sent to him.

The tune was experimental because it makes heavy use of filtered bass instruments and rind modulation effects, something that I've not really used until this point.  In my archive, the tune is actually called 'filteredbasstest', but it has now been renamed 'JSL Poop' for the demo name and after I was contacted by iAN CooG of HVSC who was enquiring whether the tune was actually called JSL Poop or had another name.  JSL Poop just seemed so fitting!

The demo can be downloaded from CSDb here or from the Cosine website here...

By downloading directly from this blog, you'll get the demo itself, along with the SID music file.  Unfortunately on this occasion I cannot offer up the Goattracker SNG file because I seem to have either 'misplaced' it or overwritten it.  I will continue looking for it.  I do have the shorter original 'filteredbasstest' version before it was extended for the demo and will upload this if I cannot find the full version.  Grab the files I've not managed to screw up here... 

You can watch and listen to the demo on YouTube.  Hopefully the player appears below, if not click here...




No comments:

Post a Comment